On November 7, 1886, the Rev. J.W. Van Eman, representing the Osborne Presbytery along with 3 charter members and 18 letters of faith from the remaining charter members, met at the Thomas County Court House to organize the First Presbyterian Church of Colby, Kansas. Articles of Corporation were filed with the Kansas Secretary of State on July 16, 1887.
A Queen Anne-style church building was soon completed. With membership growing, it was apparent that a larger building was needed. Ground was broken May 5, 1921, on the lot east of the original building and was dedicated June 23, 1923. The building is of Romanesque architecture and trimmed in white Bedford Stone. All though there have been many updates to the building over the years, it still looks much the same as it did in 1923.
We are proud to say that our church building was named one of the Eight Wonders of Thomas County. Outside the church hangs the old church bell, which is the first church bell rung in Thomas County.